Rotary Images

Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Rotary Youth Exchange Student - Ella Proell

My name Raphaela Pröll and I am sixteen years old. I am your new exchange student from Germany/Bavaria. I arrived here in Appleton at the 22 of August after about eleven hours in an aircraft. At the moment my host family is the Family Werner. Since I am here, I had a lot of great experiences.

On my first weekend here I went to Waupaca to the exchange orientation. I meet other exchange students from all over the world. We had really nice weather and so we went swimming, kayaking and boating. And even fife days later I went with my host family to their cottage at the Post Lake.

In the next week I had my first school day at Appleton North High School. I like this school and I choose interesting subjects. It is so great to meet many new friends. I am on the golf team of the school. Since I am here we had some matches and a lot of practice, it was a lot of fun, but the season is unfortunately over now.

Last Friday I went to my first football game and it was absolutely unforgettable, but I did not understand all the rules yet. On the Saturday I went with a group of girls to the homecoming dance and before to dinner and taking pictures.

Thank you and I hope the next months will be perfect like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment