Rotary Images

Thursday, February 9, 2012

Rotary Youth Exchange Student - Ella Proll

My last two months here in Appleton were so incredible. I really enjoy my time here and I had to realize that the time passes so fast! At the beginning of December I traveled with a lot of other Rotary Youth Exchange Students to Florida for one week. We had a great time at Disney, the Universal Studios, the Kennedy Space Center and the beach. The weather was warm and sunny the whole time.

I really enjoyed celebrating Christmas in the U.S., because I learned a lot of new things and traditions about the Holidays here. For example that Santa Claus brings the presents, that the families normally open their presents in the morning of December 25 and that some families give only presents which have something to do with the Green Bay Packers(J).

On Christmas the Werner’s took with me to the Packer game against Chicago Bears in a Sky box and it was a lot of fun.
Only a few days later I moved to my second host family, the Berkedal’s. They took me over the New Year to La Crosse where I saw the Mississippi River and the Rotary lights in the city park. I also had the opportunity to meet the rest of my new family.

Last weekend, we made a day trip to Milwaukee. During the day we went shopping and then to a German Restaurant for dinner. In the evening we watched the NBA basketball game of the Milwaukee Bucks verses the LA Lakers.

Thank you all for this great time here and I am looking forward to the next months of my stay!

No comments:

Post a Comment