Rotary Images

Thursday, April 12, 2012

RYE STUDENT REPORT - February and March

I came to Appleton over seven month ago and the time is going by so fast. In almost three month I will be on an airplane back to Germany.

The host family I stayed with the last 3 months are the Berkedal’s. I got the chance to see a lot of different things and to learn more about the language, like the different pronunciation of grammar and grandma.

At the beginning of February my host family took me to a basketball game of the Green Bay women’s Phoenix basketball team and a game of the UW Badgers in Madison. We also went to Door County, to the condo of the Berkedal’s , and saw the lake and eat good food. The last weekend in February I traveled to Wausau and spend two days with all the other exchange students from the district. We had a lot of fun and were very tired when we returned to our host families.

Only one and a half weeks later I left for the Rotary trip to Oahu, Hawaii. I was there for one week with 30 other exchange students from all over the world. We visited Honolulu, Waikiki Beach, Diamond Head, and Perl Harbor. We also got to try snorkeling and surfing and came back to our host towns after a fun week with sunburns.

Two days after I came back to Appleton the Berkedal’s took me to the Michael Jackson Immortal tour of the Circe de Sole in Milwaukee and last weekend we went to the Mall of America in Minneapolis, Minnesota and we spend a night there after a long shopping day in the Mall. The Mall of America was awesome and I really enjoyed the trip to Minneapolis. I am looking forward to the last quarter of the school year and a lot of new experiences.

By Raphaela Proell

No comments:

Post a Comment